- General skills: professional; extremely hard working; excellent at multi-tasking; able to complete 99% of work before deadlines; highly proficient problem-solver and troubleshooter; team player; superb writing, editing and proofreading skills; fast learner; multi-talented and highly adaptable
- Graphic skills: Adobe Photoshop
- System skills: Windows NT, Unix, Linux, Macintosh, Apache; QA tester/developer; hardware/software technical support for variety of products via telephone and E-mail
- Writing skills: book author; newsletter producer, editor and writer; departmental procedures; technical manuals; training materials and manuals; web encyclopedia; various web content author; report writer; testcase writer; over 12 years writing experience in a variety of mediums.
- Office skills: MS Office (includes Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, Powerpoint), MS Project; WordPerfect, ACT, FileMaker, and more; type at 99 wpm with 98%; 10-key at 98% accuracy; accounting; data entry; phones; filing; shipping
CollegeNET, Portland OR (2003-present) -- Lead Web Developer
- creates and edits web-based college application forms
- uses XML-based applications written with in-house XML tool (Snapp)
- image editing with Adobe Photoshop
- creates/edits flat HTML/CSS application instruction pages
Mozilla, Mountain View CA (2002-2005) - QA tester/bug writer
- triaged bugs filed on the Mozilla product
- replicated/confirmed bugs reported
- wrote testcases for engineers to use in fixing reported bugs
Freelance (2000-present) - Content Writer/Web Coder
- content rewrites, site design/coding
- owns/administrates own business specializing in creating fully accessible web sites for those with disabilities
- compatibility with all browsers/platforms, full HTML-compliance, and minimum turnaround time
- converts sites to XHTML/CSS, cleans up invalid code, improves search engine results
- writes training documentation for site maintenance/updates
- 2002 3rd place winner web development team member in the Accessibility Internet Rally of California
Oxygen Media, San Francisco CA (1999-2001) - HTML and Documentation Guru
- spearheaded accessibility coding
- coded programs for the award-winning ThriveOnline site (closed); samples available upon request
- developed within Interwoven/Teamsite environment
- implemented 2 migrations from ISP to ISP/no content management system to Interwoven system; included recoding (HTML/CGI), QA testing; documenting results
- multiple platform environment (NT, UNIX, Mac)
- training documentation/intensive tutorials for in-house staff on coding/updating per company standards; samples available upon request
- wrote materials and trained technical and non-technical staff in CSS and Teamsite template use
- created Teamsite templates with accompanying documentation and tutorials
- implemented company/site CSS standards with accompanying tutorial documentation
- image editing
Neumann College, Aston PA (1984-1988)
B.S. in Business Administration with Concentration in Computer and Information Management. Achieved 3.6 GPA out of a possible 4.0. Listed six times on Neumann College Dean's List and three times in The National Dean's List.
Invited expert on the HTML Working Group.
Co-author, The Web Professional's Handbook. Wrote the chapter on Cascading Style Sheets.
Contributed several articles to the evolt.org web developer site.
- Successful inline lists in Netscape 4
- Revisiting "Table Layouts, Revisited"
- A Revised Method of Defining Link Pseudo-Classes
DOCTYPEsniffing in upcoming Mozilla releases
- Getting XHTML from HomeSite 4.5
Michael Wolff & Company Inc., New York NY (1995)
Contributing Writer. Composed several items for the book Net Trek.
- Introduction to C, Clark College (2004)
- How To Build Accessible Web Sites, Phill Jenkins (IBM, W3C) (2002)
- Local Area Networks Implementation, Applied Network Solutions (1996)
- Quality Education System, Philip Crosby (1992)
- former Oxygen Media co-worker Shifra Raffel
- Chairman/CEO of Oxygen Media Geraldine Laybourne
- former ThriveOnline vice-president Wendy Marx
- SPAWNERS Project Coordinator Martha Berthelsen